Links to Fun Reading Sites
On this page you will be able to find links to some fun places where
you can practice your reading skills.
- Little Explorers by Enchanted Learning Software
- This is actually a picture dictionary with links to hundreds of carefully chosen children-friendly sites throughout the world. Available in French, German, Portugese and Spanish.
- Online Children's Stories
- Here you can find many children's stories that can be read on the internet or downloaded, some from well-known published authors and others available only online.
- First Grade Backpack-Reading
- At this site are links to Alphabet stories and activities, Phonics activities, stories to read online, spelling actitives and much, much more. This is a site you will want to bookmark and visit again and again!
- Animal Alphabet
- Animals for each letter of the alphabet, a poem, and some information about each animal. Available in a standard text version as well as with real audio sound with animated gifs. You can also take a quiz about the animals. A fun site to visit.
- Bedtime stories
- Here you will find well written, beautifully illustrated stories online, classics as well as newer stories. Definitely worth a look!
- Antelope Publishing
- This site has E-book available for purchase, including Classics, Picture books, Story books, fantasy ands much more.
- Childrens Stories.com
- Holiday stories that you can read or have read to you online.
- The Mother Goose Page
- Every Mother Goose Rhyme imaginable can be found here.
- Children's Storybooks Online
- Site includes books to read, sounds, mazes, riddles and coloring pages.
- Just Me and My Dad
- One of my personal favorite stories by author Mercer Mayer
- ABC Order
- Fun and interactive site to help young children to learn ABC order.
- Links for Tots: First Steps online
- There are a lot of fun, learning links on this site, including ABC recognition, beginning books online, coloring activities, games, and some fun quizes you can take to see what you know and what you have learned.
- Alphabet Action
- Here you click a letter to hear it's name spoken and to see a picture of something that has that letter as it's beginning sound.
- Little fingers Shockwave Game Parlor
- This site has a number of interactive games for Pre-K through 1st grade, including ABC order, sorting, color recognition, and much more. Requires shockwave plug-in.
Please come back here often, because this site will updated frequently